The PCGS Concert Ensemble, under the direction of PCGS professional member Leonard Ranallo, is an auditioned-only guitar ensemble for intermediate and advanced players of any age. The Concert Ensemble specializes in performing exciting and colorful works composed or arranged for multiple guitars. PCGS is committed to providing a valuable ensemble experience for guitarists of diverse backgrounds, while maintaining musical excellence.
REHEARSALS and RECITALS
- The concert Ensemble meets for rehearsals twice a month from, usually on Sundays.
- At least one rehearsal / month takes place at Settlement Music School – in the late morning of the Sundays before the PCGS Concert. Address: 416 Queen St. – Philadelphia, PA 19118.
- Other dates and locations are being finalized and will be communicated shortly.
- Ensemble members will be responsible for arriving at all rehearsals on time and fully prepared and will be required to purchase the music played each season.
- The Concert Ensemble plans to hold multiple recitals per year throughout the community to promote appreciation of classical guitar music. The PCGS annual Festival and the annual professional members meeting are likely event opportunities for performance, at the Director’s discretion.
- For the Winter/Spring 2023 semester the first rehearsal will be on Sunday January 8, 2023
- For the Winter/Spring 2023 there is a fee of $150 per ensemble participant (waived for PCGS Professional members). These fees help recovering some of the cost of renting the facilities.
- Fees are due after an applicant has successfully passed the audition.
- Auditions for the Winter-Spring 2023 season will be conducted by Leonard Ranallo on December 4, 2022 from 10 am to 1 pm at the Settlement Music School – 416 Queen St. – Philadlephia, PA 19118
- Applicants will be expected to perform sample passages from guitar ensemble repertoire and to demonstrate proficiency in sight-reading. Repertoire will be provided in advance after registration.
The ensemble is open to qualified guitarists of any age who meet audition requirements and are members of the Philadelphia Classical Guitar Society. Please fill the application at the bottom of this page to register.
IMPORTANT For applicants under 18 years old:
- Applications for prospective players under 18 years of age require the written consent of a parent or legal guardian.
- Players under 16 must be accompanied by parents or legal guardians to every rehearsal or public recitals.
- Parents or legal guardians are required to be present for the duration of those events.
- Remember to download, print, signa and bring this consent form at the audition
For any questions or comments, please reach out to Leonard Ranallo